What is “DogWalker”?
“DogWalker” is a mobile application that helps people to find someone who can take their dogs out for a walk when the dog owner has to stay away for some work.
It becomes extremely difficult for most people to take their dogs out for a walk, when they were busy with some work or have to move out of town in emergency situations. Therefore, DogWalker mobile app helps dog owners in solving this problem.
Pain points of the Users:-
People look for digital products to book a Dog Walker with the help of which they want their problems to be solved. But in the digital products too, people face lots of difficulties in hiring a Dog Walkers, some of them are:-
- No Communication option is there with the Dog Walkers in most of the apps before making payment.
- Most people want to book Dog Walkers on a regular basis, but sadly Recurring booking feature is not present.
- No Confirmation Screen is there for reviewing details before final booking.
1. Communication gap problem between Dog Owners & Dog Walkers is the real problem faced by the Users of the DogWalker competitor’s App.
2. Recurring booking feature and Confirmation screen problems are hypothetical problem statements referenced from Google UX Certificate Course 4.
Primary Research:- Competitive Analysis
DogWalker app competitors are:-
- Competitor 1(Google UX course product)
Secondary Research:- This research includes Screenshots of User reviews related to the Competitor's App posted on Google PlayStore.
Insights of this Research:-
- Dog owners find it difficult to communicate with Dog walkers before final payment.
- Poor listing of Dog walkers.
How “DogWalker” solves Users problems:-
Problem 1:- No Communication option is there with the Dog Walkers in most of the apps before making payment.
Solution:- Contact feature is introduced which helps Dog Owners to communicate with the Dog walkers and get to know more about them before final payment.
Problem 2:- To book Dog Walkers on regular basis, a Recurring booking feature is not present.
- To tackle this problem, Users can select multiple dates simultaneously in which they want their dogs to be walked.
- There is also an option to set time once and the same time is reflected in other selected dates too.
- If Users want to alter the timings for different selected dates they can also do that.
Problem 3:- No Confirmation Screen is there for reviewing details before final payment.
Solution:- An additional Confirmation Screen has been introduced which helps Dog Owners to review details which they have selected and if they want to, they can also edit the selected information before making the final payment.
Prototype of DogWalker:-
The process I follow to create the DogWalker app:-
- Figure out the problem Dog owners have to face when they are away from home.
- Find out whether existing apps solve their problems or not?
- What features Competitors have been used in their products to solve Users' problems.
- Competitor App Users reviews on Google Playstore.
- Generate possible ideas(features) for the DogWalker app to solve Users' problems.
- Iterate and finalize the most efficient solution.